For our Travel and Mohawk players that paid a commitment fee in the spring, your commitment fee coupon code will arrive in your email inbox. All commitment fee coupon codes will expire on August 31st, 2019. If you are not registered by that date, then you will risk forfeiture of your commitment fee.
Registration for our Developmental House Program as well as Learn to Play will open at a later date.
Once you're on the website, locate and select the REGISTRATION & ACCOUNT LOGIN link on the left side of the page. The 2019-2020 Fee Schedule is available at the top of the web page.
Note: You are encouraged to register early. The travel / High School fees will increase by $100 after the first week of registration. Please register by June 9th to avoid the increase.
Before beginning the registration process, please take a few minutes to review the Frequently Asked Questions section located at the bottom of the page. You may then continue by first completing your USA Hockey Registration. (You will need the 14 digit Confirmation Number in order to complete your MHA Registration.) After completing the USA Hockey Registration, select the link for MHA Online Registration, to complete the registration process.
Here are a few updates regarding the upcoming season...
- Once again, MHA is offering House Hockey based upon the child's skill level. Instead of basing the program solely on age, MHA has adopted a “Developmental” based method of providing local hockey opportunities to players of all ages and abilities. The program is based after the USA Hockey ADM Model that encourages all players to develop according to age and skill based sessions that utilize small area games and station based practice sessions to help all players develop basic skills needed for the sport of hockey. The Developmental format utilizes skill groupings rather than age based groupings to help develop players of similar skill sets. This model allows players to develop to different levels according to their skill development rather than via their age. This means that players may move up to different practice sessions depending upon what skill sets they may need to work on – it also allows players who do not participate in travel hockey programs the opportunity to participate in an active role against players of similar skill sets rather than potentially being left out of various drills or game opportunities because a lack of experience as compared to players who have had the opportunity to play competitively for a number of years on a travel team. The benefits of Developmental hockey are:
- Station based practice sessions that focus on individual skill development.
- Skill based groupings to allow for competitive games/practice sessions against similar skill set players.
- The ability to move between Developmental practice sessions during the season to allow for further development.
- Maintain interest in hockey for all skill levels, not just designed for novice or advanced players.
Developmental practice levels are established to help group players of similar skill sets.
Our Developmental House program will begin in early October. The schedule for our Developmental House sessions will be posted on the website.
For those participants registering for Mite, Squirt, PeeWee or Girls Travel hockey, you will note that the Developmental House option is included/combined with your registration. Please do not register separately for Developmental House.
- For any kids that are participating in the WVU preseason camp and need rental gear, you also need to register with MHA before gear is handed out. You will also be filling out a form documenting what you were given and the cost to replace gear lost or stolen during the season. Please print off the EQUIPMENT RENTAL form available on the web site and bring to the rink for fitting. (Other house participants will have a fitting for gear at a separate time to be announced.)
- For those playing for travel or high school, you can choose to order HOME and AWAY socks separately as needed. As was the case last season, only the Mite players will be using the knit CCM socks. All other travel teams and high school teams will be using the Reebok socks.
- The website calendar will be updated for regular season activities.
- Commitment Fees: For those of you that attended tryouts in March, and paid the commitment fee, please note that you should receive an email from the Treasurer of MHA which included a COUPON CODE. Please remember to apply this coupon in the "Cart" before making payment. All coupon codes will expire on August 31st, 2019. If you are not registered by that date, then you will risk forfeiture of your commitment fee.
If you have any questions, please let us know! We're looking forward to a fun season on the ice!